University of Southern California
On-Campus Scholarship Deadline
Preferred Campus Deadline: Sunday, November 19, 2017 by 11:59pm
Begin a Boren Scholarship application in Embark and select USC as your current institution. Save your application so you are registered through USC.
Email the following materials to Academic Honors and Fellowships staff at email@example.com in one Word document. In your email, please include your meeting availability (i.e. Monday from 2-4, Tuesdays 9-11, Fridays all day). Follow up advising appointments will be made on a first come, first serve basis once your materials are received. You are welcome to send your materials in BEFORE November 19.
- Essay #1 (Significance)
- Essay #2 (Study Abroad Description)
- Study abroad program description (this can be copied from the program’s website)
- The names of your 2-3 recommenders & Language Evaluator (if applicable)
Final Campus Deadline: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 by 12:00pm noon
Submit your complete Boren Scholarship application online by 12:00pm noon. (Because you registered through USC, your application will come into our management.) Your online application should include the following:
- Biographical data
- Essay #1 and #2
- Study abroad program description (this can be a copy of the program’s website)
- Official transcript(s) that include most recent fall grades. It is your responsibility to upload transcripts.
- At least 2 letters of recommendation (a third letter is optional) solicited through Boren application system
- Language Proficiency Form completed by a faculty member (optional)
Campus Committee Interviews: January 11-12, 2018
After the campus interviews, applicants will have time to edit the application based on the committee’s feedback.