3. Must I be an enrolled graduate student to receive a Boren Fellowship?

Faq Category: 

You must be matriculated at an accredited U.S. institution of higher education located within the United States, and be in the process of pursing a graduate degree at the time the award begins. Boren Fellows must remain matriculated in their graduate programs for the duration of the fellowship. Universities will usually allow students to maintain matriculation while they are abroad pursuing curricula outside the standard requirements. The option of registering for independent study or directed reading credits during the semester(s) of absence from the home institution is available. Please consult with your campus representative or academic advisor for more detailed information on the specific requirements of your university.