14. I currently work for the federal government. Can I apply for a Boren Fellowship?

Faq Category: 

Current employees of the federal government may apply for a Boren Fellowship. Recipients of the award, however, may not be employees of a federal agency during their Boren-funded study period. A Fellow who was previously an employee of the federal government must provide proof that he or she is separated from that agency. In addition, ROTC students, military reservists,
and members of the National Guard must confirm inactive, non-drilling status
during the Boren-funded period.