10. May I apply to study in a country with a State Department Travel Warning?

Faq Category: 

Yes. You may study in a country with a current State Department Travel Warning; however, if you decide to do so, you must be willing to sign a waiver. In certain countries, further restrictions may apply, including possible outright prohibition on using the Boren Fellowship in a particular country. In such cases, IIE will work with the Fellow to find an alternate program. Information about active travel warnings is available on the State Department website.