Boren Fellowship Application Instructions - Online Transcripts
You may upload transcripts for up to four undergraduate and graduate institutions. The transcripts should correspond with the institutions that you entered into the educational background section. You should not attempt to upload transcripts until the educational background section is complete.
Acceptable transcripts must be official transcripts, student copies of official transcripts, or photocopies of official transcripts. Degree progress reports and web-based transcripts printed directly from your online student account are not acceptable. If you are recommended for a Boren Fellowship, IIE will require original, sealed, and official transcripts at that time. Additional information will be provided to recommended candidates.
To add a transcript, click on the below link for the respective college or university When the new page opens, click "browse" to find the file that you would like to upload. Once you have found the file click "open" and then click "save" to add it to your application. After saving the transcript, click “view” to review the transcript.
Only transcripts may be uploaded. Uploading other documents will jeopardize your Boren Fellowship application.
For information about acceptable file formats, compressing documents, and other hints please below.
Acceptable File Formats
The Boren Fellowship application accepts the following formats: PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPG and JPEG.
Converting a Paper Document into an Electronic File
To convert a paper document into an electronic file, you will need a scanner. When you scan your image you should save the document in one of the accepted image formats listed above. THE MAXIMUM FILE SIZE is 2 mb per transcript.
Reducing File Size of Scanned Documents
- Remove unnecessary colors to reduce file size. Whenever possible save the picture in black and white.
- Save the image in a high compression picture format such as jpg, if your document is appropriate for that format.
- Lower the resolution when scanning your documents or reduce the height and width of the image. You should then verify that your scan is still readable.
- Compress your file. Please refer to the documentation that comes with your software for detailed instructions. PDF’s, for example, are often simple to compress.
Merging Files to Create One PDF
- Start Adobe Acrobat.
- From the "File" menu, choose "Create PDF", then choose "From Multiple Files".
- A new dialog box opens so that you can add the files you want to combine. Click the "Browse" button, navigate to find each file, and click the "Add" button to select it.
- When you have listed all the files to be included, use the "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons to rearrange the order of the files or the "Remove" button to delete a particular file.
Security Settings on PDF’s
If your PDF contains security settings, you may experience problems uploading the document. To resolve this issue please follow these instructions:
- Print out the original document onto paper
- Use a scanner to scan the printed document onto your computer
- Save the scanned document under a valid file format
- Upload the document onto your Online Application